happytalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Daily song
How to be happier! Empty12th April 2016, 8:33 am by Alina

» What diet are you on at the moment?
How to be happier! Empty8th April 2016, 9:36 am by Alina

» funny videos
How to be happier! Empty31st July 2015, 9:41 am by Alina

» Home exercises for legs
How to be happier! Empty29th July 2015, 3:18 pm by Alina

» healthy main course
How to be happier! Empty29th July 2015, 3:14 pm by Alina

» Motivational Quotes
How to be happier! Empty29th July 2015, 2:51 pm by Alina

» Tips: Eating healthy
How to be happier! Empty29th July 2015, 2:22 pm by Alina

» Movies recommendations
How to be happier! Empty28th July 2015, 1:57 pm by Alina

» Fun hour!
How to be happier! Empty20th July 2015, 9:24 am by Alina

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

How to be happier!

Go down

How to be happier! Empty How to be happier!

Post by Alina 6th October 2014, 11:35 am

How to be happier! Art_4fe9e08cd3b44

Alina
Admin

Back to top Go down

How to be happier! Empty Re: How to be happier!

Post by Alina 13th October 2014, 7:43 am

15 Natural Mood Lifters
How to be happier! 15_natural_mood_lifters

1. Eat often and eat light. When you eat at regular intervals throughout the day you will prevent dips in your blood sugar that can negatively affect your mood. Plan your meals and snacks to prevent yourself from getting overly hungry, aiming for three to six eating episodes (total meals plus snacks) each day.

2. Limit refined carbohydrates such as soda, candy, cookies, and white flour, which are concentrated sources of sugar. These foods may give you an immediate rush of energy, but they will cause you to crash and fatigue soon after.

3. Include a small amount of lean protein at every meal and snack. Protein will leave you feeling alert and productive for hours.

4. Eat foods rich in omega-3 fats. These foods have been shown to lift moods and can possibly alleviate depression. Omega-3 fats are found in oily fish like salmon or sardines, canola and olive oils, as well as flaxseeds and walnuts.

5. Ramp up your B-12 and folate (folic acid). Scientists believe these nutrients help the body produce a neurotransmitter called serotonin—a known mood stabilizer. Shellfish, fortified cereal, oatmeal, wheat germ, and vegetables are some of the many foods rich in these nutrients.

6. Get your daily dose of exercise. Whether it’s a formal session at the gym, a walk with the dog, engaging in a sport or just playing with your kids, getting up and moving will boost your mood and energy level.

7. Stick to a regular sleep schedule—even on the weekends. Although most adults require between 7 and 9 hours of sleep per night, you might need slightly more or less to function optimally. The important thing is that you consistently get the sleep you need.

8. Go outside and breathe in the fresh air. Take a break from your home or office to get some air and sunshine. Even stepping out into cold weather will wake you up and refresh your mind.

9. Listen to music you love. When your mood is spiraling downhill and the little voice in your head is anything but positive, turn on your favorite tunes and sing along. Soon, sweet music will fill your mind instead of negative thoughts.

10. Indulge your senses. Sights, smells, sounds, tastes and tactile sensations can quickly change your mood. Light a scented candle that evokes memories of the holidays, bake cookies to remind you of happy times at your grandmother’s, buy your favorite flowers and revel in the smell (and sight) of them, or soak in a scented bubble bath while listening to soothing music.

11. Do something that brings you joy. Whether it’s going to a movie, reading a novel or having lunch with your best friend, take a well-deserved break from work or stressful situations and do something you love. The change in mood will lead to better concentration and efficiency once you return to the task at hand.

12. Play or cuddle up with your furry friend. Just petting your dog or cat has been shown to lower blood pressure and evoke a sense of calmness, happiness and well-being. If you don’t own a pet, visit a pet store or volunteer at an animal shelter to get your furry fix.

13. Volunteer. There is nothing like the act of giving to those in need to make you feel appreciative of the life you lead. Walk dogs at an animal shelter, feed the homeless at a food shelter, teach English at a literacy program, or assist in programs for special needs children. Do your research and you will surely find a group that can use your talents and skills. If time is an issue for you, contribute through donations and you could evoke the same feelings of happiness.

14. Fake it till you make it. Researchers have found that the simple act of smiling seems to activate happiness centers in the brain. Keep smiling and in time, your mood will match your facial expression.

15. Create a list of natural mood enhancers that will work for you. Feeling angry? Write in your journal. Stressed? Try a yoga class. If you're exhausted, take a 20-minute nap. And if you’re feeling down, rent a funny movie. Remember, you have a choice and the ability to change your mood. With some trial and error, you will figure out the best strategies that work for you.

Alina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina 23rd October 2014, 9:38 am

How to be happier! Scenic-route-to-a-longer-life

Alina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina 6th November 2014, 11:54 am

How to be happier! Daylight_savings_RBK

Alina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina 22nd January 2015, 10:15 am

How To Change Your Attitude When You Can't Change Your Situation

1. Admit to yourself that you're not happy.

You can't change anything if you aren't aware that something needs to be changed. Stop the cycle of wishing things were different and take control of your thoughts and reactions to events and people.

2. Realize optimism is a choice.

You are not born with a positive or negative attitude. It is something you become through your perspective of experiences. Very few situations are completely bad. Always try to come up with three to five positives of any challenging situation and write them down so you can remember them.

3. Use positive words.

Use statements like, "I am hopeful," or, "We will find a resolution," throughout the day. The words you use when you talk have a major impact on your attitude and emotional outlook.

4. Hang out with friends who have a happy vibe.

Try surrounding yourself with friends that exude positive energy. Pay attention to the words they use when they talk to you about their day. You will be amazed how simple it is to ascertain if they are a positive or negative influence.

5. Say a daily affirmation.

Find a quote that is meaningful to you and say it aloud every morning. "Something great is going to happen today," sends your energy in an expectant and positive direction. I know it sounds a bit "Zen" and somewhat mystical, but it is actually a very simple and effective method for retraining your subconscious mind — and advocated by both ancient and scientific research.

Alina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina 17th March 2015, 12:21 pm

10 Questions To Ask Yourself When You Feel Like Crap

How to be happier! WomanRunningWearingPurple-850x400

1. Will I allow myself to play the victim or will I choose to be responsible for this situation?

2. Will I continue to react to circumstances or will I choose to create the life I want to live?

3. Can I take the time to respond from a place of clarity and strength, rather than immediately react to this experience?

4. Will I blame others for the situation or will I take responsibility for it and create an action plan to move forward from a place of personal power and strength?

5. Am I allowing someone else to take away my personal power? (Hint: if you're playing the victim, the answer to this will always be yes.)

6. How can I be of service to this person, situation or circumstance and myself so that we feel buoyed, rather than weighed down?

7. How can I create something meaningful for me and/or others out of this experience?

8. Am I placing expectations on myself or others? Are those expectations serving me in any way?

9. What if, through this challenge I choose to learn, create, grow and expand rather than blame, resent or accuse?

10. What is my gut telling me? (And am I listening?)

Life is full of stimuli; the only thing we can control is how we choose to respond. When you really take the time to think about it, everything happening around us is neutral and meaningless until the point that we give it meaning.

In any situation, it's about choosing: Will I allow this to upset me? Will I choose to make this bad or good? Will I choose to walk away? Will I choose to yell or whisper? Will I choose to react or take time to respond?

Choose to live by your own inner guide and compass. You'll be amazed at how much the world opens up for you, when you choose to open yourself up to the world.

Alina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina 17th March 2015, 12:27 pm

15 Things Happy People Do Differently

How to be happier! HappyCarefreeWomanOnBeachInFloralTunic-850x400

1. They listen to their inner critic.

At first glance, this seems counterintuitive. We all know the inner critic. It is that little naysaying nag that lives in your head whose sole purpose is to convince you that you suck. If you've tried to ignore it, you probably know that it's easier said than done.

The truth is that your inner critic is a strength that's dialed up too high. It existed at one point to help you feel safe, but as an adult, it no longer serves you. If you try to push it down, it will eventually rear its ugly head in an equally ugly way.

The Solution: Instead of rejecting your inner critic, get curious and listen to what it's really trying to tell you. What fear is it projecting onto the situation? And what do other parts of you have to say in response? No decision is one-sided, so why not go from a monologue to a dialogue? Happy people allow each voice in their head to have a turn to speak: the angel, the devil and everything in between.

2. They embrace the fear of the unknown (rather than the certainty of where they are).

It's easier to choose certainty, even if painful, than risk the unknown. Think about it: that's why we keep bad habits around. They are, on some level, comforting.

But if you're unhappy in your current situation, no amount of gratitude or affirmations will help if you don't actively choose to make it better. And if you're rationalizing not following your dreams as "being practical" or if you're still thinking "things really aren't that bad," just remember most people only take action when the pain of their current situation becomes greater than their fear of the unknown.

The Solution: You can wait to hit rock-bottom, or you can cut to the part where you embrace change. If you aren't happy, it's not sustainable. Eventually, something will have to change. So get comfortable with being a little uncomfortable.

3. They get shit done.

After pulling an all-nighter, a friend in college said to me, "Procrastination is a lot like masturbation, it's great until you realize you're f***ing yourself." Though crass, she had a good point.

The Solution: Identify the limiting belief that's preventing you from taking action. Then, act "as if" you were the person taking action. Acknowledge your fear, but act anyway. Happy people take time to notice their track record of successes. Then, they recall that list to dispel fear around taking a new action.

4. They accept that failure is part of the process.

The fear of failure is nothing more than a desire to feel safe. But this kind of "safety" keeps us stagnant. We tend to forget that making a mistake doesn't make you a "failure." Seen differently, it's nothing more than a learning experience.

The Solution: Next time you make a mistake, ask, "What did I learn? What worked? How can I fine-tune things next time?" And if you feel like you're the only one who's ever failed, look at every artist, entrepreneur, or virgin and you'll be in great company.

5. They forgive their past mistakes.

Sure, you've made mistakes. Lots of them. Hopefully, you learned from them. But if you're still holding onto the pain and guilt instead of surrendering and forgiving yourself, it may be time to develop compassion. It can be painful and challenging, but it's the first step to letting go of your old story and writing a new one.

The Solution: Release it. Beating yourself up simply ensures you'll never move forward. Happy people focus on who they want to be and what they want to create in the future.

6. They strop trying to control everything.

I used to jokingly say, "I'm not manipulative, I'm an outcome engineer." While that deep need for control kept me safe, it also kept me stuck. Surrendering an outcome taught me that letting go of what I think I want (whether that be a guy or a job title) creates the space for bigger and better things to flow into my life.

The Solution: Trying to control things blocks you from creating space for growth. Happy people change what they can, surrender what they can't and know the difference.

7. They're interdependent instead of codependent.

If you rely on others for happiness, you're blocking your ability to give it to yourself. Your relationships with others should mirror the happiness and love you have for yourself. Prioritizing yourself isn't selfish. If you've ever put others first and then resented them for it, you only have yourself to blame. Setting boundaries is the best way to avoid an emotional hangover.

The Solution: Quit waiting to be saved; it's time to save yourself. What steps can you take to empower yourself? If you're new to setting boundaries, compromise on little things, not on your values. You can repeat old patterns or choose what's right for you.

8. They do things they actually WANT to do.

If your social life is more exhausting than exciting, it may be time to re-evaluate your "obligations". Sure, it may seem like you need to stop by your second cousin's Christmas party. But if you aren't making time for yourself, you're likely to burn out faster than it takes you to down the eggnog. An hour with a negative person is more physically and emotionally exhausting than an hour on the treadmill.

The Solution: Choose where to invest your energy. Still feel the pull of an obligation? Ask yourself, what would someone with self-compassion do in this situation? Happy people act "as if" they deserve greatness, and then truly own it once they've built the "I deserve greatness" muscle.

9. They take responsibility.

If there's one thing I learned from my first 10 years in therapy, it's that everything I blamed someone else for was my fault and everything I blamed myself for was someone else's fault (bluntly put, but accurate). This taught me two things:

Culpability doesn't change a situation.
No matter who's at fault or who takes responsibility, you have the ability to change your situation.

It's easy to get caught in the "I wish things were different" cycle, but all that does is keep you stuck.

The Solution: Take responsibility, not simply for what happened, but for what you want to create. Happy people know that self-awareness gives them the courage and humility to feel accountable.

10. They don't try to fix people.

Even if you could change others, you still wouldn't be happy. Why? Because it's less about fixing and more about feeling safe. Accept others for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

The Solution: Change what you can control: you. Happy people adjust their expectations or let them go.

11. They accept their flaws.

It's great to do your best, but if your happiness is dependent on specific outcomes, you'll set yourself up for disappointment. Nothing is perfect, and it's rare that things go entirely to plan.

The Solution: Sure, you want to conquer the world, but if you're killing yourself in the process you may be achieving in order to feel validated and worthy. Happy people ask, "What can I do to give this to myself instead?"

12. They make jealousy work for them.

Many of us have heard the saying, "Comparison is the thief of joy." And in actuality, it's an act of violence. You may choose to believe that you are lacking, and that others are living amazingly abundant, kick-ass lives. But the truth is that you have no clue what's going on behind their trendy Instagram posts.

The Solution: Happy people know that comparison is not about the other person, but a tool to tell you what you want in life. Inspiration is the healthy byproduct of jealousy. If you're hyper-focused on what you don't have, you'll never notice all the great things you do have. And if you still need to compare, do it with yourself. Aim to get happier, healthier, and stronger than you were the day before.

13. They know that other people's opinions are just other people's opinions.

Most people determine how they're doing by consciously or unconsciously soliciting other people's opinions. And since you're hard-wired to try to impress people, you're usually trying to please those who can't be moved.

The Solution: Other people's views are not more relevant than your own. It doesn't matter if they are older, more successful or better educated. Their opinion is simply that: an opinion, nothing more. Happy people decide what's right for them no matter who disagrees.

14. They ask for help.

Nobody knows everything. Most people simply fake it. In a world that encourages self-sufficiency, most of us avoid being vulnerable at all costs. It's a manifestation of fear, whether it's a desire to seem perfect, a fear of abandonment, or the need to be liked.

The Solution: There's no weakness in asking for help. Just be sure to ask the right people. Happy people ask the person who has what they want. Your partner, friends, and parents, though convenient, aren't necessarily the best sources.

15. They savor the good stuff.

It's easy to focus on problems, what's going wrong, and the crazy shit other people do. In fact, we overwhelm ourselves with it, making it nearly impossible to see the good stuff.

The Solution: Next time something good happens, stop and actually appreciate it. Slow down and savor it. Notice the nuances: the sights, sounds and smells that make the moment amazing. Practice savoring and you'll be conditioned to notice the things that make you happy and not just the crap that brings you down.

The Take-away:

The happiest people I know make decisions every day to stay that way. After all, on the other side of the coin, self-sabotage isn't a one-time act. It's a process.

No one is happy all the time. But if you're sabotaging your best efforts by judging yourself, avoiding responsibility, or controlling others, you're ensuring that you'll stay in this state forever. Ultimately, happiness isn't just a mood. It's a lifestyle and a choice.

Alina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina 17th March 2015, 12:35 pm

7 Simple Tools To Clear Negative Energy From Your Space

How to be happier! WomanSittingOnBookshelfInFrontOfBigWindowAtHome-850x400

1. Smudge your space.

Smudging is an ancient practice or ritual where you burn dried sage or other dried herbs to cleanse a person or area. With sage, sandalwood, mugwort, or other dried herbs in hand, simply light a small corner of the herb and blow it out. It is best to have it in a holder of some kind so that the ash stays intact. I like to use a large clam shell, but a plate will do just fine.

Go around the area that needs cleansing and let the smoke get to every corner of the room. It is always wise to have a window open while smudging so that the negative energy has somewhere to escape. If you or someone else is in need of clearing, then let the smoke circulate your body from the crown of your head to the bottom of your feet.

2. Ring bells or wind chimes.

The ringing of bells or wind chimes is a common feng shui tool that literally vibrates the negative energies into alignment, creating a positive flow, or chi. A simple way to clear any stagnant or negative energy in your home is to ring a handheld bell throughout your house, or where a negative situation or argument happened.

I keep a bell at the bottom of my stairs in my house that I ring almost every day to encourage and maintain the flow of the house. There are also meditative yoga chimes (om tingsha bells) and singing bowls that are great for clearing and aligning your chakras, and symbolizing a shift in energy; they're often used in Tibetan ceremonies and meditations.

3. Take salt water baths to purify and dissipate negative energy.

A healing soak also helps remove built up lactic acid, bringing relief to sore muscles and further aiding in relaxation to help release stress and negativity. Get a handful of unprocessed sea salt — Himalayan or Celtic; don't use table salt — and pour into a hot bath. I suggest setting an intention while you're soaking to release all negativity and enhance the cleansing of your body and aura.

4. Find the right crystal for you.

You can wear crystals as jewelry or keep one in your pocket, purse or home. There are several types of crystals to choose from, each serving a different purpose and carrying unique healing properties. However, when choosing the crystal right for you, let your instinct guide you and you'll naturally gravitate toward the one you need.

5. Cut the cords to the past.

Imagine a cord coming from your solar plexus, attached to everyone you've ever known. Have you ever noticed that once you've started to move on from a relationship that no longer served you, you receive a call or contact from that person? I always say they must have felt their cord retracting.

We all unconsciously carry these negative cords from past relationships and experiences that could be weighing us down and preventing us from moving forward. One way to release them is to visualize your cords retracting back into your body, and with each cord you slowly begin to gain your power back.

Another tool is to visually cut the cords associated with negativity. If you're a visual person, then make the motion of actually cutting the cords with your hands in the shape of scissors.

6. Visualize a protective energy field around you.

Protect yourself from even being a victim of negative energy to begin with by surrounding yourself with a white light or imaginary bubble each day. I like to imagine a force field around my entire body, and when I'm with loved ones I encompass them too. Another tool is to imagine you're surrounded by mirrors facing outward so you don't absorb anything and instead everything is reflected back out.

7. Incorporate essential oils into your routine.

Essential oils have been used since ancient times to help release negative energy and promote positivity. Essential oils have the power to transform a current mood and bring you to a different, positive state of mind. There are hundreds to choose from, so let your spirit guide you as to which ones are best for you.

Alina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina 17th March 2015, 12:35 pm

7 Tips For Dealing With Life If You Can't Afford A Therapist

1. Live farther outside of yourself.

It may sound counterintuitive, but I believe many people are depressed because they live excessively in their own heads. And when you live a life centered in your mind, you are turned inward, likely listening to a constant inner dialogue of judgment and criticism: I'm not good enough, pretty enough, strong enough. I could have done better. I don't deserve ________. A self-centered world like this is a small world.

Unless you come from a perfect family and have had nothing but flawless relationships, your head will play this broken record of judgment or criticism. Of course, the volume of the record varies depending on your story. It starts with a raw emotion, anger, hopelessness, loneliness, despair, sadness and anxiety. These raw emotions can become emotion-driven thoughts, which then can turn into false beliefs: The world would be better off without me. I'd be better off drinking again. No one understands me. No one loves me. I am worthless. I don't deserve any better than this anyway.

The way you break this record is to get out of your own mind. Accept your feelings but not the judgmental thoughts behind them. Feel anger, but don't label it. Don't draw conclusions from your judgment, no matter how convincing it seems. It's OK to feel lonely. It's not OK to stamp yourself as unlovable.

2. Pull from your "Solid Self" instead of your "Pseudo-Self. "

People with weak transparency muscles live within a Pseudo-Self. In plain English, they live according to a false version of themselves, unable to be transparent about their authentic needs and desires. Rather, the Pseudo-Self seeks other people's approval as a way of trying to stay in a place of (false) security.

However, in doing this, the Pseudo-Self eventually will strap a muzzle on your gifts, that which makes you different from any other person on the planet. In screenwriting, they say what's most important is your "voice." Everyone has a story to tell, but it's your voice that makes your script stand out from the rest. For example, Quentin Tarantino has a very strong voice. It comes out in his dialogue and his nonlinear way of storytelling.

Being transparent allows you to find your voice. Your voice is your gift. Your voice is your Solid Self, the true you. What prevents people from exercising their transparency muscle is fear. This fear prevents growth. You must shatter fear or you'll snap back every time you stretch.

3. Take off your bowling shoes.

Every Sunday morning, I sit down with my friend (spiritual mentor, brother) at a local breakfast joint in Silverlake to sip coffee, process life and inhale chocolate croissants. One morning, he gave me some great advice regarding the anxiety I had been experiencing in a new job: "Don't own the anxiety." I thought about this for a while. He was absolutely right. If I choose not to own my anxiety, it can't own me.

The fight you had with your boyfriend, the date that went south, the transition of a new job — these events are not yours to own. They were a gift from God, the universe, whatever higher power you believe in. They are yours to borrow and learn from.

We tend to create anxiety because we clutch on to things in an effort to control them. We do this with our children, our relationships, our jobs, and certain aspects of ourselves. But if you believe you do not own the event, person or experience in question it won't have power over you.

Note: this doesn't mean don't own your feelings. Your feelings are valid and you do own them because they are your truth. But the shit that's happening in your life is separate from you. You are borrowing those experiences like a pair of bowling shoes. You get to use them as tools.

4. Have firm non-negotiables.

I believe we all negotiate too much. In our jobs, our relationships, our boundaries, our time, our passions, our health and our happiness. But consider this: without non-negotiables, you are flimsy. You don't have a center of gravity. You do not know who you are. If you don't know who you are, how will you know where you are going? You become a piece of drift wood floating in the ocean. You are lost and stagnant. You compromise your needs. You get into abusive relationships. You fall into depression. You begin to believe you are worthless.

So what are the things you are no longer willing to negotiate about yourself? Here are some examples: I will always be heard. I will always create a space to pursue my passions in some form.

5. Live inside out.

Most of us allow external objects to define us. Money. Career. Cars. Aesthetics. Other people's opinions. With this mindset, it is nearly impossible to be an authentic version of ourselves. We will morph our truth to match things in the world around us, and lose our voice and authenticity in the process. Instead, the world will leave its mark on us. We will walk around weighed down by the word should, comparing ourselves with others, with a constant desire to chase what's outside of ourselves. It's impossible to live at our fullest potential when we live so fixated on the external.

Living inside out also means not holding feelings inside. Trapped feelings turn into anger and resentment. We end up carrying this weight. In order to move through life with a gorilla chest, with certainty and transparency, we must unload what we carry. The treasure is not outside: what makes us valuable is what's within. So if we choose to live inside out, we will share our value with the world. This really is a choice.

6. Expand your bright spots.

Someone once told me, "Life is shit except for a few moments of joy." Well, if that's the case, we must stretch those moments like cookie dough.

Everyone has bright spots, though most are unaware of them. We are so busy obsessing about the future and dwelling on the past that we don't notice them when they're happening. They fly by like our adolescence.

So push back against this. Turn your dial from macro to micro and taste the nectar in your life, even the smallest things. The first sip of hot coffee in the morning. The few seconds after a brisk run. Consuming your favorite meal. The scent of your lover. A life changing conversation. Feeling beautiful in a dress. The moment you forget you're on a motorcycle.

The more you are aware of your bright spots, the more you're training your brain to appreciate the little things in life. If we stretch these moments and string them together, your days will feel happier, lighter, and you can flip the script and believe that … Life is joy except for a few moments of shit.

7. Share your story.

Sharing your story doesn't mean verbally vomiting on those around you. It means being vulnerable and disclosing when appropriate. And remember, you have to define what appropriate means for you. For me, if my desire to share is driven by ego or coming from an attention-seeking place, the impulse is probably not appropriate. But if that desire is coming from a place where you think your story will help someone, it's appropriate. An easy way to determine if sharing is appropriate is asking yourself if your disclosure is an act of giving in some way. By contrast, if sharing comes from a place of wanting validation, the impulse is a gesture of taking.

We learn more from other people's stories than we do our own. If no one shared their stories, where would we be? What lessons would we learn? How alone would we feel?

We are all a million walking stories. Your story is what makes you you. Your Pseudo-Self will want you to close your book. Your Solid Self will want you to open it.

Alina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina 23rd March 2015, 8:44 am

9 Energizing Practices To Stay Happy & Healthy When You're Busy

How to be happier! WomanSmilingInMorning-850x400

1. Drink water soon after you wake up.

Hydrating as soon as we wake up stimulates our digestion and provides much-needed water for our cells. Aim for about one liter immediately upon waking (add some lemon juice if you like) and notice the difference in energy throughout your day.

2. Take 10 full, deep breaths.

Taking short 5-minute rests where we close our eyes and shut out the world can help us reduce stress. Plus, taking a few deep breaths gives the brain more oxygen and activates the relaxation response.

Schedule two brief breaks during the day. Simply lie down or find a quiet place to sit, close the eyes and breathe deeply. Many of us choose to breathe from our chests in short, shallow breaths that, over time, decrease our overall functioning and can increase our stress levels.

3. Eat plants and protein.

Managing blood sugar fluctuations through diet is the best way to minimize energy highs and lows. As busy people, we often find it hard to prepare nutritious meals, which makes it easy to reach for sugary or salty snacks (which are high GI and promote a blood sugar spike, followed by a crash). Eating clean protein and plants with every meal can drastically increase our energy levels and improve our micronutrient intake, leading to a healthier and more energized body in the long term.

4. Move.

Simply going for a brisk walk can promote cardiovascular health, improve respiration, and promote healthy muscles. Try dancing, walking, shaking the body, walking around the office, cleaning or simply running to the car from the supermarket for an instant energy fix.

5. Ditch the caffeine.

Caffeine is a short-term solution for fatigue that can lead us down a very dangerous path toward adrenal fatigue and terrible sleep. If our bodies are so tired that they're screaming for help, goading them into co-operation through beverages will only be a short-term measure at best. Start to choose decaffeinated coffee, herbal teas, or vegetable juices instead so you can assess what your bodies really needs and then provide accordingly. (Most likely it's rest, movement, food, water, or oxygen.) Enjoy coffee as a treat, not as a band-aid solution to a bigger issue.

6. Stretch.

Tight muscles and connective tissue (fascia) can make us feel stiff, unenergized and unmotivated. Stretching is a quick way to immediately invite energy into our bodies. Try five minutes a day of stretching or self massage for an instant health kick.

7. Think about something wonderful.

When we're tired, we reinforce it by telling ourselves (and others) how exhausted we are or how much we need coffee. These disempowering voices can make us feel 10 times worse. Remember: the body and mind connected. Rather than responding to a yawn with a despondent narrative, think about something truly wonderful and feel the energy return.

8. Sit up.

Choosing our posture can determine our mindset and our energy levels. Many of us mistake fatigue for needing to rest when in fact we need to move. Sit up straighter or stand for 20 minutes and feel the difference in energy levels.

9. Phone a friend.

Human connection is instantly energizing. Even though we may not think we have time to phone a friend or connect with another human, we always do. We do not crave energy-sucking activities like staring at our phones. Actual human connection is what we crave. Love is what we need.

Alina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum